We advocate for your work and its impact on our society
- We lobby parliament, we tell government why information matters, and advocate for the value of library and information services.
- With our partners we promote, advocate and lobby for fair copyright, licensing and related rights.
- If an issue matters to the information profession, CILIP will be involved.
We provide support at each stage of your career
- Our Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB) helps you map your skills, identifying any gaps that need to be filled to advance your career.
- Our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) adds supporting resources to the PKSB, records completed continuing professional development, building to professional registration.
- Our Careers Hub has resources for all members at all stages of your career with resources to help you manage your career and identify the options you have.
- Magazines, Journals, weekly e-newsletters and other resources help keep you up to date and fresh in your thinking.
We provide communities, groups and events to bring you and like minded professionals together
- With 35 Member Networks including regional branches and special interest groups from academic, health, government, knowledge & information management, schools and many, many more, there will be groups to suit your needs.
- CILIP run events throughout the year, for both regional, sector and national interests including must-attend conferences across the UK.
Why delay, join today and see our special mid-year membership offer of 9 months membership for the price of 6 months.